Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's Been an Action Packed Past 5 Days!!

Wow a lot has happened since I last posted!! I'll do the best I can to remember it all. My brother Roury came back from his mission on Thursday just after 1:00 pm. It was great to see him again and the poor guy was dead tired but we kept him going all day long! After the airport everyone went to eat at Carl's Jr except for Fernanda and I; we had to run some errands on the way back so my parent's took some food to their house for us. Then we all went to my parents house and hung out. We watched Roury open his Christmas and birthday presents and then we just talked and played some Rockband, which I am proud to say I got my whole family addicted to!! We ended up just sleeping over there which worked out well because I went golfing with Roury and my parents the next day. Roury of course kicked my butt even though he had only been home for 24 hours! I then went back to work and back to my parents house to hang out some more that night. On Saturday I played with the boys at home while Fernanda did some cleaning and then we went to Jake and Jana's house to hang out for the first time since their baby Oli was born. We of course played Rockband, and had a good time just hanging out and having fun. Then on Sunday it was Roury's homecoming at church so we went to my parents ward and then had fun talking to all the relative I hadn't seen in a while at my parents house. I appreciate everyone's words of support, love and prayers offered on our behalf. Then we watched the U.S. Open (I am a big Rocco Mediate fan now) and Game 5 of the NBA Finals which the Celtics let slip out right from under their fingers. Yesterday after work, Bethanie came along with us for family night and we went and saw The Incredible Hulk. I really liked it but I don't think it was that much better than the first one which so many people seem to hate. The ending has me really excited for a number of sequals but I won't give the exact reason to my excitement away to those who have not seen the movie yet. After the movie we went and got some Gellatto at Mr. C's a little place inbetween the Best Buy and Rue 21 stores and Jordan Landing. They have awesome Gellatto, all should go there and bask in its goodness. Last but not least, I am also participating in a sports blog call The Shot Clock Chronicles. I have a link to it in the Friends & Family section of my blog but here's another link to it anyway:

http://shotclockchronicles.blogspot.com

I will be posting most of my sports commentary in that blog so that I keep it to a minimum in this one. That's all the news for now, have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Shilo said...

Still can't believe that Roury is that old - because that means we are that much older!
I love Rockband...though I have yet to have my whole family converted, I have converted Kaeloni & Logan.
That's a start, right?
Sounds like a crazy, fun weekend.