Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Graduation




My graduation has come and gone and it was a really nice day. It started at 1:45 pm Saturday afternoon but the best part happened before that; Kyle was finally feeling good enough that we decided to have him come to the E Center with us! It was nice having my whole little family there with me. When we got there I met up with my friends Rachel and Richard and while we were backstage I found a couple other friends from school, Alex and David. So we all got in the same line and that's who I ended up sitting with. We had fun talking and catching up and we all did our best to help Rachel and David laugh because they were both having a major anxiety attack, so we had a good time. The first picture from graduation is Fernanda and I after the ceremony ended and I was on my way back to get my actual diploma which I was disappointed to see did not have my major written on it. You would think that a school which charges as much per semester as Westminster does that the least they could do is put your major on your diploma, but whatever. The second photo is me walking back to my chair after I received my diploma cover onstage. The third picture is of my friend Rachel, me and Dara Hoffa, one of the best professors I had at Westminster. She taught a couple of the accounting classes I took and was my academic advisor. The fourth picture is the picture I sent out with the few invitations I purchased (it was kind of expensive) and those were the clothes I wore on Saturday. After graduation my parents took us to dinner at Rodizio Grill where we stuffed ourselves with delicious Brazilian churrasco (barbeque). After that I took Fernanda and the boys to Murray park so they could play with their cousins and let loose some of that energy and I went to buy my graduation present, an XBOX 360!!!! I bought two games to play with it, NBA 2K8 and RockBand. RockBand is a very fun game that I highly recommend to anyone who has not played it yet. I also love basketball video games so 2K8 was a must for me but I'm going to take it back to the store today because the disc seems to have some problems. Anyway, we started playing as soon as we got home that night. Keith did a pretty good job on the drums and Fernanda and Bia (my niece) took turns singing while I also played drums and took turns on the guitar with Henrique (my nephew). We stayed up until almost 3 am that night!! It was great fun though. My mom took some more pictures of the graduation so I'll post those as soon as she sends them to me. A special thanks to my mom and dad for the wonderful dinner and helping to keep the boys entertained during the commencement and thanks to Andy & Valerie for coming and showing their support, I really appreciate it.

5 comments:

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

YAY! You're officially done. Anyway, we are really sorry we missed it. If Westminister could have picked any other day but our anniversary. Maybe Rylee's next one will be on you guys anniversary and you can pay us back by not coming. Also, we are sad we missed out on Rodizio's. I've still never been there. Someday.

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

P.S. You need to come over and watch some of the Finals with us!!! You can bring Keith and I will play with him!

Taryn said...

Congrats! How nice to have it all done! It is also a bonus to have kyle home. We were worried about him.

PrincessKatie said...

Congratulations on your graduation. I bet you feel so relieved. I told Jared to get on here and leave you a message. He alwasy forgets his log in but hopefully he will! Congrats again!

jlbacana said...

Congrats, It is so nice to be done with school, your going to love it. Maybe you can talk your Dad into letting you join more of his work meetings now on the golf course. Congrats Again