Saturday, May 3, 2008

Kyle, The Jazz, and Grades

I have a plethera of things to talk about but this blog is going to be relatively brief because I am writing from a hospital room at Primary Children's Hospital and Keith wants to play games. As it was a very common theme for us to be at the hospital last year while Kyle was going through chemotherapy, we haven't had to come here much since November. Kyle has had a pretty rough few days with a cold or something and he wasn't tolerating food and so the doctor thought it best to send him to the hospital yesterday. So while Fernanda was here with Kyle I was helping my brother-in-law Paul and my sister-in-law Amanda's fiancee Derik watch all the nieces and nephews while the women went shopping. We were able to watch most of the Jazz game and luckily the Jazz decided to pull their heads out and play like men. This should be an interesting series against the Lakers. I came up to the hospital around 11:30 last night to bring Fernanda some clothes and pajamas and left around 1:15 a.m. I got up at 8:30 this morning after a horrible nights rest with a stuffy nose. Paul, Derik, and I all took the kids to go see Iron Man this morning. It was a really good movie, I was impressed. It was funny and had a lot of action, a great summer movie. After the movie Keith and I came up to the hospital around 2 p.m. and we've been here ever since. Fernanda has been vigorously playing The Ant Bully video game on Playstation 2 in Kyle's room and I think she's going to be playing until she beats the game. Oh yeah, my grades; my Finance professor emailed me with my final grade for the course which ended up being a B. Professors must post final grades by May 5th so I can't wait to see what I got in the other two classes. Well, that's the update from our neck of the woods, I think Keith's going to have a heart attack if he doesn't play a game soon, so I'll catch everyone later.

No comments: