Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Another Kyle Update


Kyle has had quite a busy day. At 3 this morning he was moved from the third floor to the second floor which is the PICU. For those of you who have no idea what that means, PICU stands for Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. The pneumonia caused his left lung to collapse (not the right like I previously stated) and so he was really having to work hard to breath. So they moved him to the PICU to intebate him, which means a machine will help him breath to give him a rest. However, they could not get him stable enough to do so until about 11 this morning. They also put in a Pic line. A Pic line is like an IV but they put it through a vein and almost into his heart. They can do a lot more with this line like draw blood, and it lasts a lot longer than an IV so they don't have to poke the poor little guy as much. Fernanda just sent me a text saying that the tube they used to intebate him is not working very well so they're going to take that out and put a new one in. He is sedated for all this so fortunately he's not bothered too much. If anybody was still planning on visiting him, remember he is now in the PICU on the 2nd floor in room 25. If you want to call, it's probably best to call Fernanda's cell phone at 652-2700. As more updates come my way, I will continue to post them. I also want to say thank you to Rylee for coming up to the hospital from work and helping me give Kyle a blessing. Rylee doesn't start his job with South Jordan until next monday so he's helping out at the offic this week and its nice having him available to help out with stuff like that. I'd also like to thank Tyler and Linda for coming up to the hospital and visiting us for a little while. It was nice to see you guys and we enjoyed your company! Thank you!!!

3 comments:

Taryn said...

Hey guys! I am sorry to hear about Kyle! We will keep him in our prayers! I will also call San Antonio temple and put his name in. I wish we could be more help.
love Taryn

BreeAnn said...

Hi, I called and talked to Fernadna this morning and just wanted to let you guys know I am thinking about you. I feel really bad and I want to come up to the hospital, but I also don't really want to be around all of the infection at this point in my pregnancy. I wish I could be doing somthing more to help out, but just know I am praying for you guys and thinking about you! It sucks so bad that Kyle and you guys have to deal with being at the hospital again. Love ya! Branny

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

Lucas, Fernanda, and my favorite little Keithy and Kyle- We love you guys! Let us know if there is anything we can do. We will definitely come up to the hospital again soon to visit. We love you guys and are keeping Kyle and the rest of the fam in our prayers.