Saturday, May 24, 2008

Coming Home

So Kyle could finally be coming home today. He's was moved to the 4th floor a couple days ago to room 4417. He's been doing good other than the fact that he hasn't really slept since Wednesday night!!! They're getting him off all the drugs the PICU was giving him to keep him sedated. The last time he stayed at the PICU they did the same thing and when he came home and we laid him in his bed he slept for like 18 hours striaght so that's probably what is going to happen again. He's ready to come home and we are ready to have him home after being at the hospital for 22 days. He's down to only 1 liter of oxygen and the normal antibiotics we give him at home anyway so I just need to make sure the doctor on the floor understands we can handle that. So sometime this afternoon we should be headed home. :) In other news: While giving updates about Kyle I always forget to mention Keith. Keith has to deal with a whole other aspect to all of this as he is constantley being dumped off at different family members houses and he's been handling it really well. Lately though I think he's had enough because he's been saying "I want us to be a happy family again." It's so cute and heartbreaking all at the same time! I'm really proud of him though, he's been a really good boy and hardly complained at all. This past Tuesday we bought Fernanda a new car! It's a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica with all the bells and whistles. I've been trying to put a picture on my laptop buy I can't get the SD card to work so I'll post another blog on Tuesday with the picture of the car since I was able to get it on my computer at work. It's a pretty cool car and Fernanda is really happy and I'm glad that we were able to do that for her. Next Saturday is my Commencement at the E Center. It's really weird knowing that I will be officially graduated from college. I have been looking forward to this day for so long that it's really strange to know that the day is here. It will probably be even weirder toward the end of August and beginning of September knowing that I don't have class anymore and that I can actually think about (gasp!) the holidays! Well that's enough for now. I hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend and that you're able to get out and see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull like Keith and I will do sometime tonight.

No comments: