Friday, May 16, 2008

It's Been a While


So I haven't blogged for a while but there really wasn't much to say. Once Kyle was moved to the PICU and was settled in he basically slept for 3 days straight. He slept so much that Fernanda was able to sleep at home on Friday and Saturday of last week and she was able to have a Mother's Day dinner with her sisters last Saturday. Kyle started improving a little bit, his color looked better and his belly was getting smaller; but he was also wide awake after all that sleep and mad as hell that he had all this stuff hooked up to him. The nurses had to tie his arms to his bed so he would stop trying to take out the tube in his mouth. He is breathing on his own but the tube is helping his lungs with pressure to keep them open. This is measured by what they call PEEP. Normal humans have a PEEP between 5 and 6. Kyle's PEEP is at 12 and was as high as 14. The doctors are also concerned with the amount of oxygen he is receiving which is 45% because he is looking better, so they are looking into that. So after waking up on Monday Kyle pretty much didn't sleep until yesterday and he had a good nights rest and will sleep pretty good today because they had to sedate him for some x-rays and a heart echo. So Kyle is still nowhere near close to coming home let alone going to the 3rd floor. Today is also my 5th wedding anniversary being married to my lovely and incredible wife Fernanda. She is an incredible person and someone that I admire a lot. She has been so faithful to her little guy and rarely leaves his side. She is an exceptional wife and mother and I am very lucky to be able to say that she chose me to be her husband. I love you so much honey and I am so very thankful for all that you do for me and our family. We will be celebrating by going to The Gateway and watching the new Chronicles of Narnia movie which we are excited to see. My Mom will be staying with Kyle so we can get away for a few hours. It's been nice having her home this week to help watch Keith and I'm thankful that she and Monique and Yara have been helpful in watching him while we juggle work and hospital and are able to be with Kyle. I will try to keep all updated, I'm hoping Kyle makes significant improvement over the next few days so we can at least get out of the PICU.

3 comments:

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you and Fernanda have a nice evening. I've had fun hanging out with Keith in the evenings this week. He's SO cute! I was also glad we got to go see Kyle the other day. Anyway, have a great time and I'm sure we'll see you sometime soon. Love you two! (and Keith and Kyle, possibly more!) jk! :)

Erika said...

Good luck with everything, we are thinking and praying for you guys. Have a great anniversary, I love the gateway mall!

BreeAnn said...

Doug and Cheryl have a blog, it's on my blog they have added your link onto thiers so you need to add them onto yours